雅思口语:《唐顿庄园》经典台词分享
有同学说,我周围也没有外国人,平时怎么练习英语口语?雅思口语考试成绩的绝非一朝一夕,没有练习的机会,我们可以自己给自己创造机会!一部喜欢的电影、一本喜欢的英文书籍、一首好听的英文歌曲,只要你觉得好听好看,跟着张嘴说了,就是一次练习!久而久之,你自然说的时候会很有感觉,在雅思口语考试的时候也能运用上平时说的这的这些,让你很容易脱口而出,并且会给你的雅思口语考试增加许多谈资。
今天为大家带来的是艾美奖迷你剧奖的英国ITV剧《唐顿庄园》(Downton Abbey)的英文经典台词的分享,这部古装剧背景设定在1910年代英王乔治五世在位时约克郡一个虚构的庄园——“唐顿庄园”,故事开始于Grantham伯爵一家由家产继承问题而引发的种种纠葛,呈现了英国上层贵族与其仆人们在森严的等级制度下的人间百态。
You can change your life if you want to. Sometimes, you have to be hard on yourself, but you can change it completely.
有志者事竟成。有时虽然劳其筋骨,但是命运可以彻底改变。
When something bad happens, there's no point in wishing it had not happened. The only option is to minimize the damage.
事情已经发生了,还希望事情不要发生没有意义,当务之急是减少损失。
Life's altered you, as it's altered me. And what would be the point of living if we didn't let life change us?
生活改变了你我,若要回到原点一成不变,那人生还有何意义?
It just happens. And we should live with it.
世事无常,我们要随遇而安。
We must all have our hearts broken once or twice before we're done.
人这一生啊,总要心碎一两次的。
The business of life is the acquisition of memories. In the end that's all there is.
人生就是不断收集回忆的过程,最终能陪伴我们的也只有回忆了。
My dear, all life is a series of problems which we must try and solve.
亲爱的,人生就是会遇到各种麻烦,我们得尽力解决。
If we don't respect the past, it'll be harder to build our future.
如果我们不尊重过去,就更难创造未来。
We shout and scream and wail and cry, but in the end we must all die.
不管经历怎样的大悲大喜,我们终究都会死去。
It's a big thing to give up your whole world.
放弃你的整个世界可不是小事。
There can be too much truth in any relationships.
人与人之间,实话说得太多也会物极必反。
Love is like riding or speaking French. If you don't learn it young, it's hard to get the trick of it later.
爱,就好比骑马、说法语。如果没趁年轻学会爱,以后再想要抓住爱的诀窍就难了。
We all carry scars, Mr. Bates, inside or out.
贝茨先生,我们都有伤疤,无论是内伤还是外伤。
My dear, when tragedies strike, we try to find someone to blame. In the absence of suitable candidate, we usually blame ourselves.
亲爱的,当悲剧降临,我们总想把责任归咎于他人。如果无人可以指责,我们往往责备自己。
There are rules to this way of life. If you're not prepared to live by them, then it's not the right life for you.
每种生活都有它自己的规矩。如果你不愿意守规矩,那么这种生活就不适合你。
You are no different to the rest of us, remember that.
记住这点:你和别人没有任何不同。
Every mountain is unclimbable until someone climbs it. Every ship is unsinkable until it sinks.
没有翻不了的山,也没有沉不了的船。
The world moves on, and we must move with it.
世道变了,我们也得跟着变。